Monday 21 September 2015

The Sweater Weather Tag

Okay, so as it is now mid September it is officially Autumn, or Fall, whatever you want to call it.... I'm from the UK, so it's Autumn. 

I have been looking forward to Autumn for over a month now. It's my favourite time of year. It's when the weather changes and gets a little crisper, it's colder at night, it's getting darker, the YouTube videos are all Fall and Halloween themed, all the decor hits the stores (which isn't much over here but it means my Instagram and Tumblr feeds are awash with pictures of Michael, Jo-Anns, Pier One Target, Dollar Tree, TJ Maxx), Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are available, everything becomes pumpkin flavoured, Yankee Candles and Bath and BodyWorks release their seasonal candles............ I could go on. 


Yes, as I'm sure you can tell from my little spiel.... I am a basic bitch. I am a TOTAL basic bitch. I wear flannel shirts, biker boots, chunky jumpers, skinny jeans; I talk about 'Fall' all the time whilst ordering my PSL and buy my scented candles.... I have no shame. Funnily, the first half of the questions were actually part of the 'Basic Bitch' tag. I felt I had to add them considering it is now the season. 


I probably should have done this before the Halloween one........ oh well, never mind.


Basic Bitch Tag...
Favourite Starbucks drink of the season?
Ummmmm, although I do enjoy a good PSL, I think my favourite drink would be the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. I love me some salted caramel. 

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Unfortunately it takes me AGES to get ready in the mornings. Not because I'm vain, because I'm so damn lazy I'm always half asleep and always make mistakes. I give myself two hours every morning to get up, have breakfast, drink my weight in coffee, shower, face paint, dressed and lock the house up.

How many selfies do you take on a daily basis?

I have been trying to take a selfie a day. I won't always post them; I'm just trying to get myself more comfortable in front of a camera. I used to hate having my picture taken. 

How many Instagram followers and pictures do you have?

Currently I have 804 posts and 345 followers. I usually just post horror related shite. 

Do you ever say "LOL" or "OMG" out loud?

God no! I fucking hate acronyms and abbreviations. 

Do you wear the same clothing item more than once?

Of course. I'm too lazy to pick out something better.

How many tweets do you have?

9230 tweets. I used to use Twitter religiously but I've kinda lost interest now.

Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr?

Three years ago I would have said Tumblr, but now it's Instagram all the way.

What do you spend most of your time doing?

Besides work and the travelling? Watching movies. It's a hobby.

How often do you do your nails?

Barely once a month. I used to do them daily but they broke and I've not had much luck growing them back. 

Are you a shopaholic?

Yes, but not for clothes or shoes. I like buying make up, Halloween garb and DIY supplies.

How many times have you watched Mean Girls?

Tons. It's a classic.

Do you own a lot of clothes?

I do. But I hardly wear them. As I'm the youngest I get the hand me downs off my sisters so I never need to do any actual shopping. 

Do you take pictures of your food before you eat it?

Depends on if it is an epic meal. If it is just a sandwich.... nah. But a good stew or roast, definitely

Do you wear makeup every day?

Only when I go to work or go out with friends. So weekends I'm usually bare faced. 

How do you usually style your hair?

Usually just in a bun. MY hair is SO LONG it's difficult to style anymore. 

Do you collect leaves for decorative reasons?

I always plan to, every Autumn I make a list of nice DIY ideas involving leaves, conkers, acorns... etc, but I never get round to actually doing anything. I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator.

Do you like Uggs?

No. I can't stand Uggs. They look hideous.

Favourite Autumn themed Candle?

Anything from Bath and Bodyworks, which sucks because it's impossible to get them here in the UK. The site doesn't ship here and the sellers on eBay charge an extortionate amount. The only reason I've had the luck of getting some is because a dear friend from New York sent them to me as a gift.

Sweater Weather Tag....
Favourite Autumnal Scent?
I love the smell of burning. That sounds weird, but I mean bonfires and fireplaces. There is always a hint of burnt wood in the air when Autumn rolls round. 

Favourite movies to watch during Autumn?

Horrors. I'm usually prepping for Halloween by marathoning all the horror movies I can think of. 

Favourite Autumnal food?

Anything stodgy, like stew or soup. I'm a proper comfort eater.

Favourite Autumnal Make Up Trend?

Vampy lips. I couldn't pull it off but Jaclyn Hill looks like a goddess when she rocks a wine lip.

Favourite pumpkin flavoured food?

Soup. Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup. It's the food of kings. 

Favourite Autumnal colour?

Either brown or red.

Favourite place to shop during Autumn?

I do most of my shopping online, but I must admit TKMaxx have been surprising me with their killer Autumn/ Halloween gear. 

What is Autumn weather like where you live?

The temperature drops to about 17(c) during September. It's nice and crisp but not freezing, however the UK is famous for its rain, and we get that in bucketfuls. It's usually windy as hell too. 

Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?

Sometimes. When it's used correctly it can be a great smell and taste fabulous, but when it's added to things such as hair products it seems a bit excessive. Little tip with the PSL thou...... order it with either a shot of caramel or vanilla syrup. 

What is the best thing about your town during Autumn?

November 5th is Guy Fawkes Night so around that time you get tons of bonfires and fireworks displays. I have a love/ hate relationship with fireworks. I love them because they are beautiful and fill me with such nostalgia..... but my dog suffers so much. That aspect of it all makes me sad.

Where do you buy your Autumn candles?

I have only one choice, and that is Yankee Candles. But even then, we don't get the US editions over here. 

If you could spend Autumn anywhere, where would you choose?

New England. Either Vermont or Salem, Mass. 

Be honest…are you already stocking up for Autumn?

Pfft.... I started in August. 

Hot chocolate, from scratch or packets? Made with milk or water?

I don't mind packet stuff, so long as it's good quality. And always, ALWAYS with milk. And sometimes a little cream. 

S’mores or pumpkin pie?

They are not really big things over here, but I know what they are, so I would choose S'Mores.

Rain or Cold?

Cold. I love the rain, but only when I'm not in it. 

Skinny jeans or leggings?

Skinny jeans. Leggings go see-through and I am not into that. 

Combat boots or Riding boots?

Doc Martins.

Hot chocolate or warm apple cider?

I wish apple cider was more of a big thing over here. I love me some cider. Costa had a 'Hot Spiced Apple' last year which was amazeballs. I hope they do it this year too. 

Do you step on crunchy leaves just to hear their crunchy awesomeness?

I try to avoid fallen leaves because it's likely there is a huge lump of dog shit under it. Nothing shatters the 'Fall' illusion than smearing faeces everywhere. 

Do you enjoy the cold just for the clothes?

No. I get really uncomfortable during the summer because I overheat quickly, it's easier for me to adapt with the cold. I can wrap up with extra layers, coats, blankets, use hot water bottles... there are various options to warming up. Also, I love getting cosy.

Do you enjoy the other seasons?

Yes, I do. Spring is nice, Summer can be great when it's not TOO hot and I absolutely adore Winter. Not as much as I do Autumn, but it's a very close second. 

Do you have Autumn/Halloween boards on Pinterest. Link them.

Halloween & Horror
Halloween & Fall Crafts
Autumnal Beauty 

No comments:

Post a Comment