Friday 24 July 2015

My Buffy Soundtrack


Anyone who knows me is aware of my Buffy obsession. It started when I was thirteen and has adapted throughout the years as I grew. Right at the beginning I was insane. Like borderline worshipping Buffy. It was quite worrying at times. 
It started with the hair.... I needed her hair cuts. I attempted a fringe as Season One was airing, then cut everything off when Season Two started. I tried bleaching my hair, tried layers and feathering (which DID NOT look good as my hair was - and still is - painfully thick) but at the time, I didn't care. I wanted to be Buffy. 
During that obsession I also fixated on her clothes. Mainly the first three seasons, but this obsession was just as bad as the first one. I made an actual list of every single outfit she wore. Including the hair accessories and jewelry. I think I still have these notes, somewhere around. 
After those two obsessions faded I started on the house. I wanted Buffy's hair, then her clothes, then her bedroom. I tried buying identical home-ware just so I would match............ I told you it was bad. 

Then I started on the soundtrack. I needed every single song ever used on that show. I bought random albums just for single tracks, I downloaded torrent after torrent of files about Buffy to locate all the hidden gems I could. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, but I was a girl on a mission. If only I had known how easy it was to convert YouTube audio to MP3, I wouldn't have had to spend YEARS looking. Grumble.

THANKFULLY, the crazy obsession faded and I grew to appreciate everything about the show. But I will admit, the soundtrack has remained my favourite of the obsessions. I have all the tracks on my iPod and I play them when it's sunny and I'm feeling happy. (I also have a depressing playlist I put on when I'm blue) but mostly when I'm in a good mood I pop the music on. 

Anyway.... yesterday I saw a post on Tumblr where someone listed their favourite 'Buffy Music Moments' and I liked the idea so much I decided to put a list together myself. This is a mish-mash of my favourite songs, usually just because of the song in general but sometimes because of the scene that goes along with it.

Season One

This song is on both versions of the album 'Radio Sunnydale'.

Stoner Love, Superfine - Teachers Pet

I tracked this one down online.

Jobs Eye, Far - The Pack
This song is on the album 'Tin Cans with Strings For You'.

I’ll Remember You, Sophie Zelmani - Angel
I tracked this one down online.

Inconsolable, Jonatha Brooke - Prophecy Girl
This song is on the album 'Plumb'.


---

Season Two


It Doesn’t Matter, Alison Krauss - When She was Bad
This song is on 'The Buffy Album'.


Sugar Water, Cibo Matto - When She was Bad
This song is on the album Viva! La Woman and also the UK edition of 'Radio Sunnydale'.

Stupid Thing, Nickel - School Hard
I tracked this one down online.

Fate, Dingoes Ate my Baby - Inca Mummy Girl
This song is on the album 'Thrown to the Wolves' by 'Four Star Mary'. 

She, Louis Says - Reptile Boy
I tracked this one down online.
This song is on 'The Buffy Album'.

I Only Have Eyes for You, Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You
This song is on the album 'Flamingo Serenade'.

Full of Grace, Sarah McLachlan - Becoming Part 2
This song is on the album 'Surfacing'.

---

I tracked this one down online.

This song is on the album 'Disraeli Gears'.

Wild Horses, The Sundays - The Prom
This song is on 'The Buffy Album.'

---

This song is on 'The Buffy Album'.

I tracked this one down online.

This song is on the album 'Carnival of the Animals'.

---

This song is on the UK edition of 'Radio Sunnydale'.

This song is on both versions of the album 'Radio Sunnydale'.

---
Season Six

This song is on the album ' Golden State'.

This song is on the US edition of 'Radio Sunnydale'.

---
Season Seven

Blue, Angie Hart, Conversations With Dead People
This song is on both versions of the album 'Radio Sunnydale'.

This song is on the album 'South'.

No comments:

Post a Comment